Saturday, August 22, 2009

Summer in Baconfield


After our annual 4th of July trip the kids and I went up to Bakersfield to visit with Aunt Louise and our California cousins. Originally the plan was to drive home from the beach on the Monday, July 6th and then fly over to Burbank on Wednesday, July 8th. Sounded like a fine idea before spending 10 days at the beach. So, after a last minute change in plans Travis decided to drive us to LA and Louise would pick the kids and I up there....Again, seemed like a fine idea in theory. Chauncey and his equally big friend Thomas also decided to ride home with Travis that way they had an extra day at the beach and Travis wouldn't have to drive home alone...The morning of our departure the Durango failed us. The car was packed (to the brim; 7 people and all their luggage) and everyone had piled in. Two 17 year old football playing boys, 3 carseats and 2 adults. It was a tight fit! Then the car wouldn't start....Out piles everyone for some minor repairs and then we all pile back in and away we go. After a long day we all got to our respective destinations. Thank goodness!

I have very few pictures from the two weeks we spent with Aunt Louise (they all seem to be of Billy) because my camera was full of precious beach pics, but the few I got were such a throw back to my childhood. Somewhere I have the very same pictures of Megan, Justin, Cole and I on the very steps of that pool at the same ages as our kids now. Time really flies....

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Super cute Natalie!