Tuesday, August 18, 2009

~AMERICA~

She's a Grand 'ol Flag, She's a High Flying Flag

4th of July, 2009. Spent relaxing at the Beatsch House, but of course! My goal for the summer was to get as much beach time as humanly possible before Emi started school. I know it's not supposed to be meant as a 12 year sentence, but when you're looking at it from the beginning...well, it kinda feels like one. I wanted the kids to be worn out from all the summer fun they had. Enough to last them because our free, open schedule days were drawing to a close. Sad... I definitely feel like I accomplished my goal though. The 4th was a blast as always! Last year was fun and I didn't think much could live up to Billy rolling around on Dog Beach and the absentee fireworks, but this year did. I took a ton of pictures, really, and when I was done I handed my camera over to Tyler who took even more (and better ones).

The day was perfect. The beach, some resting. Then the BBQ. We ate, we drank, we mingled....All things American.
Being American at Patsy's Beach
My best attempt at getting a group shot of all the kids on our country's birthday....Didn't go so well. Abi fled and hid out behind Travis until the appetizers arrived.
The boys LOVED playing with Conor and Tyler (the big boys) and they were really good sports about being tormented all night.
Billy D. ~ 3yrs. Emi James ~ 5yrs.
Chloe ~ 5yrs. Jelly Bean ~ 3yrs.
Squishy ~ 1 & 352 days
Our Matriarch
The Crafts
Abi looking an awful lot like the Wicked Stepmother in Snow White "...apple my pretty..."
SPARKLERS!
Abigail's 1st Sparkler! A milestone.

4 comments:

Erin said...

Wow- that's a lovely picture of me. Am I really that hot??? ;)
And you got a lot better pictures of the Farklers than I did- very cute!

russellmaynard said...

For the record you do look hot! And way better than me on that horse! Like how Tyler got portraits of nearly everyone?

Erin said...

Oh, so its payback, is it? ;) I thought you looked cute on that horse.

Michelle said...

Cracking up at those pics of Abi and the one of Ellie with her shiner! Love it!!!!