Wednesday, May 25, 2011

B&W




So our crazy little bus stop has sort of formed into a neighborhood gang. If you were so inclined you might even refer to it as a drinking club... It all started innocently enough, an invitation to ride bikes one day while the weather was nice. It has since evolved into this great little group of friends. We get together once every couple weeks and the kids create chaos while us calm collected moms sit back, relax with a glass of wine and let it be. I think it's good for all of us on some level. The kids get a sense of much needed freedom as we carelessly let them ride their bikes in the forbidden street or (gasp) around the block unattended! In return us mothers get an albeit small taste of what our future might hold. ...more alcohol and less hand-holding = twice as much worrying. It will make us stronger more adept parents in the long run, right?




See, look it is even educational. I learned how to repair a bike chain all by myself. I even got the dirty hands as a badge of honor!



Bubbles. What outdoor activity is complete without them I say. That up there is Squish and her little friend Andrew, in the street! See how relaxed we are.


Also, Lego's I mean what kid doesn't long for the opportunity to drag all of his toys out into the middle of the filthy dirty driveway and just get lost in their imagination. Can you see us moms growing by leaps and bounds? This is a big deal, I hardly let my kids take toys out of their respective "spots" much less out into the great wide open.


My wonderful mom friends. Kelly and Erica and a quick shot of all the junk it takes to pull all this relaxing off.

No comments: