Monday, November 1, 2010

Bates Nut Farm ~ 2010

BATES NUT FARM



Lots of things in life make me happy, but this place in particular makes me crazy happy. It is my mecca. I love it here. There is no place else like it anywhere that I have ever been. Love.


The poor kids will probably not have fond memories of their crazy mother and her pumpkin fetish, but I am dragging them along for the ride whether or not they approve.


Poor Abi, as you may recall, was sick. She picked up some little bug or maybe was having a delayed reaction to all the vaccines she received the week before. Either way she was not herself and seemed to be running a low fever. Her crazy mother made her go look at pumpkins anyway...she did not approve.

I'm sure she felt a lot like this pumpkin looks. I couldn't help but think of the wicked witch..."I'm melting..."

Emi being a sweet big sister pulled Abi all over the farm.


Okay, so in the spirit of honesty, I must admit we went to the farm twice. I just love it there so much and any pumpkin patch here at home, besides not even coming to close in comparison, makes you pay an entrance fee just to look at the pumpkins... It makes no sense to me at all. Bates allows you to come and just hangout on the farm all day for nothing. There really is no comparison, none. Plus they have all sorts of animals and a corn maze and a fabulous little shop and.... and .... you get the idea.



This years winner! 98lbs. Seems small when you weigh it next to Megan's 2010 pick....drum roll please.... 169lbs!!!!! Yikes!





All loaded up and ready to go home...

then this happens. Thanks Billy.

No comments: