Tuesday, November 16, 2010

2010 ~ Christmas Card Out-takes!

So these are this years Christmas Card options. I must admit I used to silently panic over the whole photo shoot experience. We have tried it all different ways, professionals, friends and the ol' standby - me. None of those options made my stress level any easier to swallow, until... I discovered the Christmas Card Out Take blog entry. It has saved me! I almost look forward to it now. Sounds crazy, I know. However, these pictures, the ones that otherwise would have stressed me out and gone unnoticed into the trash have provided me such an unexpected comic relief. Now I get to post (and save for posterity) pictures that will always remind me of how hilarious it is to try and get three little kids to not only sit still (completely impossible for Billy), but also cooperate for a ridiculous amount of camera clicks. All for that one picture that you can maybe photoshop into being not great or even good, but hopefully at least presentable!
Billy really, truly cannot be still. I think he actually believes there are ants in his pants. His degree of wiggle fluctuates from twitchy fingers, to full on wiggly legs and then finally to....



...mentally departing this experience for one that must be way cooler in his head. He is a funny kid. We got up early one day while we were at the beach this last trip to try and get the dreaded picture in the morning light. As is plainly obvious, we didn't make it as early as I had hoped, but I am determined and one of these will be the featured 2010 photo.




Love the toes!
Here are the options....

perhaps this one?

or maybe this one?

Hmmm....
I was worried about how this years card would turn out without the creative genius of my sister. She opted to spend her time on her own cards this year (boo). I had better get one! But, I must say they arrived this afternoon and I am really happy. They aren't incredible and beautiful like when she does them, but they aren't mainstream either. They are perfect!
Merry Christmas!

No comments: