Friday, September 18, 2009

Kindergarten Rocks!

Emily's 1st Day of Kindergarten!!
August 17, 2009

Desert Mountain School
Mrs. Holt's Heros




- walking to the bus stop at 7:30am

Emily James started kindergarten. I can't even believe it. She is getting so big, so fast. She is in Mrs. Holt's class along with 23 other kids. She was so excited to start school and so ready. I, on the other hand, was not nearly as ready as I thought I was. Who knew? It was an overly emotional week for me. Yes, I said week. It messed me up, what can I say. She rides the bus (never thought I would let her do such a thing) along with a few other kids from her class. Her bus driver is Mr. Mark and he is the reason I let her ride the bus. I am confident she is safe in his care, I think....no, I am. Yes, I am confident she is safe. He is always very friendly and knows all of the kids names and their parents too. On her first day Travis and I walked her to the bus stop, watched her get on and drive away and then raced back to the house (wiped away the tears) jumped in the car and managed to beat the bus to school. I wanted to make sure she was going to be okay! She was, of course. She is a big, independant girl. Already....


- arriving at school


- waiting for the bell at 8am



- getting off the bus at 3:20pm

2 comments:

Erin said...

sniff. That's making me cry. What a big girl.

Katy said...

It's almost like she's reassuring Dad in that photo of the two of them. I bet she's loving Kinder now and Mom is better!