Monday, February 21, 2011

Christmas Day in Cave Creek

Merry Christmas, again!

This time we are celebrating the day with Grandma and Grandpa Deatsch, Auntie E, Uncle AC, Auntie Tara and all our cousins. Chauncey, Hayden, Chloe and Ellie. Christmas day is always crazy, for everyone I imagine, but sometimes I think it is especially hard when you're lucky enough to have your whole family, as in both sides, in the same town. It means a lot of running and jumping and I will just never be able to pick and choose. It's not in my nature. While the craziness of the day can be overwhelming at times (like last year) there are always those moments that make it all worthwhile and this year those little moments were abundant! I am SO thankful for that. We had a great day. It was smooth, it was easy, it was happy. Yea!
After Santa and Christmas morning at home we loaded up and headed over to Grandma and Grandpa's in Cave Creek to open gifts and then we went to the Craft's house for Christmas dinner, which is not to be confused with supper. It feels awkward to say Christmas lunch...There is breakfast of course and dinner...I guess brunch would be an acceptable substitution.

Abigail has had enough hot chocolate over the last week kill even the most skilled sugar fiend.

These girls just KILL me! They are SO adorable. I truly hope they stay as sweet as they are in this picture FOREVER!!
Kind of a funny story.... Grandma and Grandpa's tree has a little lean this year. It's a mystery, but somehow the top of their tree was bent and it has given the tree a bit more character then most. I personally think it is a perfect fit.

Awww.....

Awww....



Oh my, the coat! This is Abi's zebra coat. She loves it with a capital "L". It is a whole coat made of lovey soft material. She loves this coat, it's a perfect fit for her big personality. I imagine she will sleep with it for years after she has grown out of it. Sorry, I probably will not be handing this one down...

Awww, Jellie.



Merry Christmas from Cave Creek, AZ!

No comments: