Friday, March 19, 2010

Spring Fever

I think spring is officially here. At least here as in, here in the valley, maybe not middle America yet... Anyhow, we thought it was a perfect spring day for a photo shoot and I am still loving all the new camera lenses I "borrowed" from my dad. Still learning how to use them. I need LOTS of practice and who better to practice with? Hmm?

Clockwise from top: Abi & Law; Zoe Kate; Zoe, Emi & Abi; and Billy.
One of our 3 stops. An entrance gate to a farm across the street from Auntie M's house. I love the row of Pecan trees all down the canal.
Billy & Law, this is one of my favorites because they would be the ones to happily wander down a railroad track until there was no one left in sight.





The next stop was an abandoned strip of railroad in the middle of nowhere. We were just driving past and I love how photographers use them. I am not a photographer and none of these pictures turned out the way I had imagined. It's harder to do than it looks, especially with six kids.


And finally, a sheep farm near Florence. It was so pretty out there. They sky was aqua blue and the grass and sheep were the perfect contrast. Even the mountains in the distance had snow! Very rural. Everyone knows how I love rural. At any rate they make a pretty cute crowd if I do say so. Poor Max is grimacing in the picture above because the fence that I insisted could not be electric, actually was. It was made of plastic twine didn't seem harmful to me at the time, but I have since learned that IS really what electric fences are made from. It zapped him and I told him it was probably just the hair on his belly that got pinched in the fibers....HA! Poor guy.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Very cute! I love the yellow and black outfits. Tres chic. The railroad tracks are very cool, and they pictures turned out great! Love the one of emi, especially.

Michelle said...

Love, love, love these pictures. Those railroad track pics are fab!!!!!!