Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Santa Claus has Come to Town!


I couldn't ask for more! A Christmas morning in Phoenix that ACTUALLY feels like Christmas!! I know there are plenty of warm-blooded nay-sayers out there, but I just LOVED it. I am always saying the weather is great and all, but really, just 2 days out of the whole year should theorectically be cold and wintery....Thanksgiving and Christmas. Finally got what I asked for! Now there is certainly a flip side to this, the kids counldn't go outside to play with their newfound treasures because it was 40 degrees and raining, but it was Christmas-y for sure.
We had a great Christmas. The kids got to unwrap Santa's gifts and play for a bit then we went to Bill & Bette's to unwrap family gifts then off to Erin's to eat (a delicious meal) and finally home to meet my parents, whew!
Grandma & Grandpa B&B go above and beyond the call of grandparent duty. I think it's absolutely fabulous, what more could a kid ask for on Christmas than someone who goes overboard! It is incredibly generous of them though and we are incredibly thankful for it! This year they did not disappoint...the kids all got exactly what they wanted (and a few they didn't). Billy is such a boy, I remember Hayden going through this phase too though....."socks, really?" Travis & I have no excuse left in the book to not be the pictures of fitness. Between the gym memberships we recently acquired and a Wii with Fit for Christmas I might have to consider toning down the amout of salted cured meats we eat around here, gasp! Emily got a stereo with a CD player for her room from Grandma & Papa. Could be payback, not sure yet.... She thinks she is all that and a bag of chips now, I'm done for. Billy and his sweet "little" legs got a bike he can actually reach the pedals on, full speed ahead! I see accidents galore just waiting to happen. Ramps in the backyard and spent rubber on the driveway. Abi got jellybeans for Christmas...really. I'm sure she thought the whole productions was great and all, but she would have been just as happy without all the fuss and just her box of jellybellies. The pictures are less than terrific because I gave everyone a cold for Christmas....HA, jokes on you!

I think there's going to be a full MOON in 2009....LOL!

2 comments:

Erin said...

It was a nice Christmas, wasn't it? Thanks again for everyone rearranging their plans for the Crafts. and I love the Teddy Bear!! Who got that? Lucky kid! :) Oh- and I hate the cold weather, so there. Christmas dinner inside is like sacrilege to me- sunny and 70, baby!

Michelle said...

I'm with you on the cold weather. I loved having it rain and actually feel like winter. We all had that lovely cold too. Looks like you had a really fun Christmas.