Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Girl Scout Backyard Campout!

We hosted the Daisy Backyard Campout at our house for Emi's Girl Scout troop this year. All 14 girl scouts came and got their crazy, I don't have any parents here, on. Thank heavens for the troop leaders and Devon the big girl Girl Scout that came to run the show. No girls allowed in the house! Their rules, not mine. Poor things too. As it happens it was a freezing cold day and there was a big storm headed our way. I borrowed heaters from Papa and put all the blankets and beach towels I could find out, but it was to no avail. I forget that little people have no thermostat. They were so excited to be there I don't think they cared it was freezing. The adults, now that was a different story!





A little prep work by the "men" of the house and a curious chicken or two before the girls arrived.






Can you see what I mean? These girls are so truly not campers. A few were properly dressed, but most were not and one even came in a party dress with knee high black boots...


Thanks to the boys hard work the girls had a beautiful campfire to roast hotdogs and marshmallows on. They learned a couple new songs and I borrowed Grandma Bette's fabulous hot chocolate makers to keep them toasty warm. Those hot chocolate makers really are fabulous. Remember Squishy put them to the test around Christmas? Well, they've still got it. Those suckers cranked out a ridiculous amount of hot chocolate without any trouble at all.

So I suppose these campers are ready for the real deal now...Girl Scout Camp here we come!

No comments: